I hope everyone is enjoying this season as much as I am. Having a little one, really makes it that much more special.
Also, I made a promise to myself, that I am hitting the gym after the holidays. UGH! I have never liked the gym, like not even a little bit. Send some good gym juju my way, please. Ha!
On that note, here is the amazing vegan sugar recipe…
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft but not melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, soymilk, or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut, soy, or almond milk
- sprinkles or sanding sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, coconut oil, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed to combine. Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and cream of tartar until blended. If dough is too crumbly, add a little more milk until it comes together. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray. Divide dough in half. Roll each dough half to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface cut out with cookie cutters. Dough may need to warm up a little before it’s easy to roll out. Place shapes on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake 7-8 minutes until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make icing, place powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Spread on cooled cookies or use a piping bag to make designs. Use sprinkles or sanding sugar to decorate. adapted from Betty Crocker
Yield: 12 cookies depending on size
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook time: 8 mins.
Total time: 18 mins.
Recipe from here.